Taking your car to a car wash is very important. However, it is good that you detail your car once in a while. A new car always has a clear coat on top of the paint. With time, that coat fades away due to exposure to sunlight. Without the coat, the car looks really old and undesirable.
Auto detailing has its benefits for both the vehicle and the car owner. Let us first look at the benefits to the vehicle:
How Detailing is Beneficial to Your Vehicle
- Extends the lifespan of your vehicle – Car detailing removes contamination that may have damaged the car’s leather, vinyl, chrome and paint. In that case, detailing helps the car depreciate at a lower rate.
- Improves the car’s physical appearance – After buying your new car, the sparkle remains for a while. Despite regularly taking your car to the car wash, with time your car will definitely lose its outer appeal. With car detailing, your car’s original appearance can be restored. An experienced detailer or technician will make sure that all areas are checked for dust, dirt, scratches, odors, etc.
- Maintains the paint condition – Your vehicle’s paint can be affected by debris, dust, dirt, etc. Regular detailing ensures that a coat of wax is applied over the paint to reduce scratches. Wax restores that new-car shine, and at the same time, provides a protective barrier.
- Allows your engine to run cooler – With regular detailing, your engine gets cleaned of dust, leaks and dirt. These ensure that the engine runs more smoothly.
- Extends the resale value – Car detailing technicians give your car its best look just before a sale. Experienced professionals are aware of market standards as well as customer preferences, so they can help you improve your car’s condition. Therefore, with auto detailing, your car will fetch a higher resale value when you decide to sell it.
How Detailing is Beneficial to the Car Owner
- Satisfaction – Driving a shiny car is more satisfying than driving a dirty one. A clean car reflects your temperament. It shows that you care about your vehicle, and it also makes you feel proud and confident while on the road. Additionally, if you use your car for business purposes, it will show that you are a clean and neat person.
- Saves money – Regular car detailing allows you to save money in various ways in the long run. One of the ways is that, with the lifespan being increased, chances of repairing the car now and then are minimized and thus costs are saved. Second, less gas is used since the engine runs smoothly and efficiently. Third, headlight restoration improves the intensity of lights, which improves the performance of the vehicle. In the end, maintenance costs are reduced.
- Provides a healthy ride – A lot of dust particles can get in the carpet or ventilation of a car. With auto detailing, your car remains clean and without allergies. Additionally, a detailed car wash ensures that long term effects of environmental exposure are reduced, and cases of ill health are reduced.
- Reduces cases of accidents – Car wash detail ensures that all the haze and dirt are removed to avoid obscuring the driver’s view. For that reason, the chances of causing an accident are reduced to a great extent.
Car Interior Detailing
Outer beauty is nothing compared to inner beauty. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that interior car detailing requires more effort and time than exterior detailing. A dirty interior cabin not only has a bad odor, but also adds to operational complications.
Dirty air exhaust spreads allergens about the cabin; stain and grit causes switches to fail; and hazy windows can obscure the view of a driver. In that case, cleaning a car’s interior is more than just washing with water and soap.
Depending on the car detailer you visit, there are different ways to do interior car detailing. However, the standard processes include:
- Vacuuming – The first step to cleaning the interior of a car includes vacuuming seats, headliners, rear cargo area, trunk and shelf. To get the best out of vacuuming, floor mats and the vacuum should be cleaned separately. As for the difficult areas that cannot be reached using a vacuum, an air compressor can be used.
- Glass Cleaning – A glass cleaner is used to clean the glass. It ensures that the glass remains sparkling and ensures the driver’s view is not obstructed.
- Leather Trimming – A leather cleaner, saddle soap and leather soap are used to clean all the leather parts. As for the soapy areas, a damp cloth is used to remove the excess soap. If the leather is dry, a conditioner customized for leather can be used to make cleaning more efficient.
- Re-Vacuuming and Wiping – Re-Vacuuming is important just after vacuuming. Any dirt left in the interior cabin is removed. Dashboards and windows should be wiped clean with a clean cloth using a cleaning detergent. After all this is done, a car’s original shine is restored.
- Perfuming – Finally, to leave the car with a good scent, a deodorant is used in the car.
Exterior Car Detailing
Exterior car detailing is not just a quick wash of the exterior components of a car. A good car detailer will make the car gleam, minimize surface scratches, and should always apply a shielding paint sealant.
The common exterior process includes:
- Washing and Drying – Unlike a typical car wash, vehicle detailing is done by hand. The initial step involves spraying the car with specialized spray that is high-powered, followed by thorough hand washing on the rims of the car, door jambs, glass and all exterior parts that need servicing.
- Claying – A specialized bar is used to remove any kind of impurities, traces of excess spray and other residue that cannot be extracted with normal detergents.
- Polishing – After a car has been used for a while, it is normal that it loses its polish or shine. Thus, the original paint is protected.
- Sealing – To give the car a glossy shine, a sealant is applied, and in some cases, wax can be used.
Other exterior services that can be done include trim repainting, engine detailing, headlight polishing, engine pressure cleaning, bumper repair, glass chip repair and paint touch up.
Finally, car wash and detail should involve analyzing all the types of paint, previous and current damages such as flaking, peeling, cracking and repainting, exterior conditions and analysis of rust, damage from acids and other effects of oxidation. Regular auto detailing adds value to your car and also makes it look attractive despite the number of years it has been used.
For inquiries, feel free to call at 0316-5090009
It’s more than a car… Keep it clean.
A complete video with detailed demonstration of the whole process for your understanding. A plausible transformation of vehicle from one of the dirtiest in town to a fresh showroom look!
Some Successful Projects!
The innovators of one-on-one service for your complete satisfaction.
Honda Civic final look after a satisfying Spa visit portraying an amazing look!
A clean car is a happy car!
Cleaning up the city, one car at a time!
Where to find us!
We are currently providing services in the whole cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi. For booking or more information just give us a call at 0316-5090009.